Orderly Chaos
Isn't strange how we promise ourseleves we'd never do something and end up doing it anyways?
Take smoking for example, I used to talk people into NOT starting.
Time - that's all we have and that's all we hold on to.
People - convenient distractions to forget for a little while, if not forever, the silent troubles we all go through.
Internet - reading- surfing-updating-learning-downloading-whatever to educate ourselves so that we're not "easily" embarressed.
Funny how many lies we tell ourselves when we go to bed at night.
"It's goina be ok in the morning" - you're just running away from the problem. Fact is nothing changes in the morning. Yes, it's a new day and you're a little relaxed but that does not erase the problem, does it?
"I'll get up early and finish the assignment" - You wake up the following day later than usual.
"I'll fall asleep and wont feel a thing. This is going to be easier than I think. I just have to close my eyes" - You dont fall asleep, and you can feel every part of your body crying out in agony.
"I have a good life" - You lose everything you've ever held close to your heart.
"I'll get myself sorted out for work in the morning" Wake up late, get stuck in traffic, have a few panic attacks and arrive conveniently late for work :)
Things I've Been Craving:
Take smoking for example, I used to talk people into NOT starting.
Time - that's all we have and that's all we hold on to.
People - convenient distractions to forget for a little while, if not forever, the silent troubles we all go through.
Internet - reading- surfing-updating-learning-downloading-whatever to educate ourselves so that we're not "easily" embarressed.
Funny how many lies we tell ourselves when we go to bed at night.
"It's goina be ok in the morning" - you're just running away from the problem. Fact is nothing changes in the morning. Yes, it's a new day and you're a little relaxed but that does not erase the problem, does it?
"I'll get up early and finish the assignment" - You wake up the following day later than usual.
"I'll fall asleep and wont feel a thing. This is going to be easier than I think. I just have to close my eyes" - You dont fall asleep, and you can feel every part of your body crying out in agony.
"I have a good life" - You lose everything you've ever held close to your heart.
"I'll get myself sorted out for work in the morning" Wake up late, get stuck in traffic, have a few panic attacks and arrive conveniently late for work :)
Things I've Been Craving:
- Cookies 'n' Cream ice-cream
- Cigarettes
- The weekend
- A night of drinking endlessly
- Body Massage
- Sleep
- Music
- A swim
- Time


4 Comments:
ahaan...well instead of jus sayin dose things to urself n pretendin dat its gonna b better, mite as well put those things to work to actually make it better na..made sense!?:P
No Meenal, these r inevitable lies v tell ourselves evryday. It's a beautiful, rather insightful post Sarah.
Loved every bit of it and relate to every line of it :).
The part about facing problems d nxt morning reminded me of an anonymous quote I've read :
"Being able to survive it doesn't mean it was ever ok."
Problems have to be dealt with at some point whether it is now or later. Procastination never helps.
And such wisdom comes from a me! :D
Hey but it IS true!
Thank you for your time :)
hmmm...after a long time....a post but a nice post....makes 1 think whats always been there at the back of his head for a long time but doesnt wanna reveal it......
keep it up.....n vat is dis so formal formal???
thx for ur time it seems......
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home