Monday, January 16, 2012

Learning Music as an adult

I can't help feeling that we've really missed out as kids.

Having absolutely zero music knowledge, apart from being able to hum a song on the radio or sing along, and thinking back on all the summer vacations spent watching movies, television shows and going out doors makes me very frustrated. All that valuable time lost when I could've easily been at a music class learning to play ANY instrument.

Miles says that it's all in one's head. If you are dedicated, you will succeed. All it takes is practice. If I had no job, no career plan, no responsibility towards my parents.. I could easily become a wicked musician within 6 months.

Was just reading up on Jaco Pastorious, Weather Report, Markus Miller & Victor Wooten. Man, all of them started early!!!!

I find as an adult, because of the different priorities it's harder to progress as quickly as a child. The word 'TIME' that silently haunts us all.

I've never wanted something so badly before. I've never been so passionate about something so much before.

The only thing keeping me from breaking right now is knowing one thing. As an adult, I appreciate more. Yes the grasping power is lot lower than what it would've been if I was 3 years old, but it doesn't stop me from wanting to learn and we never stop learning, right?

God, I do hope I get better.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go big or go home.
Find a nice used fretless, or borrow one from a friend. Apart from forcing you to stop more carefully, they're easier for raw fingers to use.

January 24, 2012 6:30 am  
Blogger Sarah said...

Orifister,Thanks for the comment :)
I bought my own a year ago and have been at it since then. Snail's pace, but I'm in no hurry. I'd rather perfect it than perform half prepared, if that makes any sense?

February 13, 2012 12:35 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home