The Week Off
Monday, 19th November 2007
I'm on holiday.
Mum wakes me up @ 5:30am for milk. She sweetly reminds me that we have to drop Rachael and Anthony to work.
I'm on holiday.
Dropped them to work and honestly I have never seen traffic so bad! Ah!
We went for Breakfast to an EPCO station with Anthony and dropped him back to work. We set off on our Journey to Jabel Hafeet, Al Ain.
What a journey. It was Mum, Trish and myself. Andre was too knackered to be bothered to wake up that morning. The weather was beautiful and the roads were clear. It felt amazing just taking that long drive and bonding with mum.
Trish made herself a little tent and was reading her book most of the ride which was so adorable. I got so thirsty that this is what I said:
"Man I'm so thirsty , my drips are so lye"
Mum and Trisha couldn't stop laughing. Grilled me for it ever since.
We picked up Anthony to drop him to the Airport. He was going down to Pakistan to be with his mum for an Operation. She's got Breast cancer, or rather "had" Breast Cancer.
Anyways, Anthony pissed me off that evening. I was so fucking scared, you have no idea. He was "trying" to be funny and I'm sure I made him believe I was fooling around. Totally all my fault. I was driving at about 80-100 KM/Hr and he opened the door on the highway cause I threatened to stop the car in the middle of the road.
I got really mad and I was yelling and screaming and everything.
*sigh..*
It gets better, I misunderstood Andre in the car and yelled at him too. Anyways, I basically upset a lotta people unintentionally and well.. guess who was in tears that night.
Sorted the whole thing out after an hour or so, and realized I have a serious problem.
Saw Anthony off at the Airport, and got back home. Was just chatting with Trish and gosh, she said stuff to me that I tear up about even now as I'm writing this.
I needed to take control, and it's about time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tuesday, 20th November 2007
Mum wake me up @ 6:00am.
I'm on holiday!
I couldn't get up, so I was shifted into Trisha's bed and Mum and Trish went to drop Rachael and Anthony to work that morning.
Mum and I conveniently left Dad out on the fact that we're on Holiday for the week.
So I had to "pretend" I was Patricia, hence why i was in her bed.
I only woke up at around 2:30pm, and got the update of the morning from Trish and Mum. Apparently, Dad only left the house @ 11:00am and Mum and Trish were trying to dodge him for 3 hours straight. Totally fucked up I must say.
Ah Well, I was quite pleased that I slept.
I couldn't help it. I logged on to Work and read a few emails. I've been a naughty girl :)
I was so freaking worried that I was going to be flooded with a lotta work next week. Well, my worst fear has been proven correcto!
We bought some hair-dye yesterday, and I dyed my hair again. I adore the color. Ah sigh.. finally!
Andre and I picked up Anthony from the Airport. Yes, I know he went on a very short trip. Anyhoo, we landed up at House of Shisha and were there for about 45 mins until I totally had to go home and crash!!
I feel the day was alright. Probably not the best days, but it was way better than being the worst.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wednesday, 21st November 2007
Dropped Rachael to work, and went for a walk to Zabeel Park. Dude the park is fucking BIG!
IT took us about an hour around it, ah and by the time we were done, I was EXHAUSTED!!!
We drove back home, and had some breakfast. I knew there was something I was forgetting. It suddenly struck me, I had to have breakfast with Tony!!! How'd it happen? I got a message from him @ 11am. Ahh!!
I rushed back home and changed in 15 mins and drove really quick to Lamcy for Breakfast Date with Tony.
We had decided to meet up today cause he was leaving the following day to India and I wouldn't see him for another 6 months.
Update: Tony and I have been friends for 3-4 years now. We totally 'get' each other and seriously I love this boy and he loves me :)
We just talked and talked and talked. Gosh it felt so good seeing him again. I had a cappuccino and he had Waffles with whipped cream, bananas, strawberries, and some sour mango. All fresh off course.
He fed me the first bite. Omg, YUM! what was even yummier was that he fed ME the first bite. Now to anyone I know, you'll will classify me as being Completely love-sick. I know everyone one gets fed, blah blah blah...
Today was different. Today, my closest friend in the whole world talked to me like we used to talk on the phone for ages together. The friend who seemed to still notice the traces of my beauty even though I looked like I hadn't slept a wink the previous night.
He talked bout the lifestyle in India, his friends, the so-called "ragging", comparing the past and the present, reminiscing the few times we spent together.
Well, even though the break-up with Dayaan had been 9 months it was still a fresh wound. In my innocence and still protectiveness for this creature who I once believed was everything I ever needed, I never realised how deeply hurt I would be after I heard what my Tony had to say.
He confirmed that Day had / has been sleeping around and caught on 3 offenses with Uzma who's boyfriend is still in Love with her. Has he (Uzma's boyfriend) have no dignity. Have I lost mine?
This realization hit it's epitome only later that evening when Anthony (Dude from work / another close friend) and I started in an uproar of an argument that left me double-parked outside Happy Restaurant to wander out of the car sobbing on the phone with Mum on the other line trying to calm me down. Off-course he thought it was him. I had to swallow what little I had left inside of me and calm him. Ok, if the person you care about was arguing with you and suddenly went all down in tears obviously you'd think "OMG, it's my fault" .
Sigh....
It was a very frustrating evening, but eventually Shisha always made me feel better... or not. I was too tired to think anymore. So I dropped Anthony home and carried on my way with Andre, as usual, drooling on the car seat fast asleep.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thursday, 22nd November 2007
Jennifer, Davis & Nagesh were having a birthday party at Radison SAS today and already RSVP'd. In the morning, we dropped Anthony to work (Rachael was sick today) and went to Zabeel park for our "brisk-walk". Swinging our hands and feeling every energetic, mum and I managed to complete this in 30-45 mins whereas it took us up to an hour to finish just one round yesterday.
Anyways, I had a plan. I wanted to go swimming and wasn't too enthusiastic to do it later tonight at the apparent "birthday pool party" thing. Well, do you really want to go swimming and let the people you work with every single day see you half naked?... Umm, I think not :)
So Mum& I got home and got our gear together with Patricia's help and managed to go to the pool in Mamzar park. Gosh it was fun. We got wicked tans man. Lol.
Yes we were smashed by the time we got home in the afternoon and Mum didn't want to cook anything so we ordered from Tasty Biryani, the restaurant below out building.
Food = Yum!
We all had a good nap, and I went to pick up Anthony from work.
Everyone saw me and you know, the whole flurry of questions :)
Anyhoo, Anthony & I went to Radison SAS and were expecting to meet Vince there too.
He came up much later and we knew everyone was very drunk and were goina leave to meet up with some buddies at Time Cafe.
I wanted Gail to come with me since I hadn't seen her in a while, and well she did a Gail. I wasn't quite pleased but oh well, what can you really do.
Gail and I had sooo much of fun at Time Cafe, like totally omg!! But Anthony and I had another fight. We're not even dating and all this shit keeps happening. Gail and I go through it too, so it's not so bad. We eventually sorted it out and things were back to it's perky high.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The next 2 days were a blur considering I've been trying to publish this post for 7 weeks now.
My lifestyle is so screwed up, I'm not sure what I'm goina be doing tomorrow. Things change ever-so-often and it becomes confusing and almost too fast.
It's fun no doubt, but it gets hard. Well, you can only climb up the ladder right? So this "phase" should only be for a short while.
Question = how short is short?
Drafted: Saturday, 24th Nov 2007
Published: Friday, 4th Jan 2008
I'm on holiday.
Mum wakes me up @ 5:30am for milk. She sweetly reminds me that we have to drop Rachael and Anthony to work.
I'm on holiday.
Dropped them to work and honestly I have never seen traffic so bad! Ah!
We went for Breakfast to an EPCO station with Anthony and dropped him back to work. We set off on our Journey to Jabel Hafeet, Al Ain.
What a journey. It was Mum, Trish and myself. Andre was too knackered to be bothered to wake up that morning. The weather was beautiful and the roads were clear. It felt amazing just taking that long drive and bonding with mum.
Trish made herself a little tent and was reading her book most of the ride which was so adorable. I got so thirsty that this is what I said:
"Man I'm so thirsty , my drips are so lye"
Mum and Trisha couldn't stop laughing. Grilled me for it ever since.
We picked up Anthony to drop him to the Airport. He was going down to Pakistan to be with his mum for an Operation. She's got Breast cancer, or rather "had" Breast Cancer.
Anyways, Anthony pissed me off that evening. I was so fucking scared, you have no idea. He was "trying" to be funny and I'm sure I made him believe I was fooling around. Totally all my fault. I was driving at about 80-100 KM/Hr and he opened the door on the highway cause I threatened to stop the car in the middle of the road.
I got really mad and I was yelling and screaming and everything.
*sigh..*
It gets better, I misunderstood Andre in the car and yelled at him too. Anyways, I basically upset a lotta people unintentionally and well.. guess who was in tears that night.
Sorted the whole thing out after an hour or so, and realized I have a serious problem.
Saw Anthony off at the Airport, and got back home. Was just chatting with Trish and gosh, she said stuff to me that I tear up about even now as I'm writing this.
I needed to take control, and it's about time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tuesday, 20th November 2007
Mum wake me up @ 6:00am.
I'm on holiday!
I couldn't get up, so I was shifted into Trisha's bed and Mum and Trish went to drop Rachael and Anthony to work that morning.
Mum and I conveniently left Dad out on the fact that we're on Holiday for the week.
So I had to "pretend" I was Patricia, hence why i was in her bed.
I only woke up at around 2:30pm, and got the update of the morning from Trish and Mum. Apparently, Dad only left the house @ 11:00am and Mum and Trish were trying to dodge him for 3 hours straight. Totally fucked up I must say.
Ah Well, I was quite pleased that I slept.
I couldn't help it. I logged on to Work and read a few emails. I've been a naughty girl :)
I was so freaking worried that I was going to be flooded with a lotta work next week. Well, my worst fear has been proven correcto!
We bought some hair-dye yesterday, and I dyed my hair again. I adore the color. Ah sigh.. finally!
Andre and I picked up Anthony from the Airport. Yes, I know he went on a very short trip. Anyhoo, we landed up at House of Shisha and were there for about 45 mins until I totally had to go home and crash!!
I feel the day was alright. Probably not the best days, but it was way better than being the worst.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wednesday, 21st November 2007
Dropped Rachael to work, and went for a walk to Zabeel Park. Dude the park is fucking BIG!
IT took us about an hour around it, ah and by the time we were done, I was EXHAUSTED!!!
We drove back home, and had some breakfast. I knew there was something I was forgetting. It suddenly struck me, I had to have breakfast with Tony!!! How'd it happen? I got a message from him @ 11am. Ahh!!
I rushed back home and changed in 15 mins and drove really quick to Lamcy for Breakfast Date with Tony.
We had decided to meet up today cause he was leaving the following day to India and I wouldn't see him for another 6 months.
Update: Tony and I have been friends for 3-4 years now. We totally 'get' each other and seriously I love this boy and he loves me :)
We just talked and talked and talked. Gosh it felt so good seeing him again. I had a cappuccino and he had Waffles with whipped cream, bananas, strawberries, and some sour mango. All fresh off course.
He fed me the first bite. Omg, YUM! what was even yummier was that he fed ME the first bite. Now to anyone I know, you'll will classify me as being Completely love-sick. I know everyone one gets fed, blah blah blah...
Today was different. Today, my closest friend in the whole world talked to me like we used to talk on the phone for ages together. The friend who seemed to still notice the traces of my beauty even though I looked like I hadn't slept a wink the previous night.
He talked bout the lifestyle in India, his friends, the so-called "ragging", comparing the past and the present, reminiscing the few times we spent together.
Well, even though the break-up with Dayaan had been 9 months it was still a fresh wound. In my innocence and still protectiveness for this creature who I once believed was everything I ever needed, I never realised how deeply hurt I would be after I heard what my Tony had to say.
He confirmed that Day had / has been sleeping around and caught on 3 offenses with Uzma who's boyfriend is still in Love with her. Has he (Uzma's boyfriend) have no dignity. Have I lost mine?
This realization hit it's epitome only later that evening when Anthony (Dude from work / another close friend) and I started in an uproar of an argument that left me double-parked outside Happy Restaurant to wander out of the car sobbing on the phone with Mum on the other line trying to calm me down. Off-course he thought it was him. I had to swallow what little I had left inside of me and calm him. Ok, if the person you care about was arguing with you and suddenly went all down in tears obviously you'd think "OMG, it's my fault" .
Sigh....
It was a very frustrating evening, but eventually Shisha always made me feel better... or not. I was too tired to think anymore. So I dropped Anthony home and carried on my way with Andre, as usual, drooling on the car seat fast asleep.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thursday, 22nd November 2007
Jennifer, Davis & Nagesh were having a birthday party at Radison SAS today and already RSVP'd. In the morning, we dropped Anthony to work (Rachael was sick today) and went to Zabeel park for our "brisk-walk". Swinging our hands and feeling every energetic, mum and I managed to complete this in 30-45 mins whereas it took us up to an hour to finish just one round yesterday.
Anyways, I had a plan. I wanted to go swimming and wasn't too enthusiastic to do it later tonight at the apparent "birthday pool party" thing. Well, do you really want to go swimming and let the people you work with every single day see you half naked?... Umm, I think not :)
So Mum& I got home and got our gear together with Patricia's help and managed to go to the pool in Mamzar park. Gosh it was fun. We got wicked tans man. Lol.
Yes we were smashed by the time we got home in the afternoon and Mum didn't want to cook anything so we ordered from Tasty Biryani, the restaurant below out building.
Food = Yum!
We all had a good nap, and I went to pick up Anthony from work.
Everyone saw me and you know, the whole flurry of questions :)
Anyhoo, Anthony & I went to Radison SAS and were expecting to meet Vince there too.
He came up much later and we knew everyone was very drunk and were goina leave to meet up with some buddies at Time Cafe.
I wanted Gail to come with me since I hadn't seen her in a while, and well she did a Gail. I wasn't quite pleased but oh well, what can you really do.
Gail and I had sooo much of fun at Time Cafe, like totally omg!! But Anthony and I had another fight. We're not even dating and all this shit keeps happening. Gail and I go through it too, so it's not so bad. We eventually sorted it out and things were back to it's perky high.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The next 2 days were a blur considering I've been trying to publish this post for 7 weeks now.
My lifestyle is so screwed up, I'm not sure what I'm goina be doing tomorrow. Things change ever-so-often and it becomes confusing and almost too fast.
It's fun no doubt, but it gets hard. Well, you can only climb up the ladder right? So this "phase" should only be for a short while.
Question = how short is short?
Drafted: Saturday, 24th Nov 2007
Published: Friday, 4th Jan 2008


7 Comments:
Jimmy Dean once said that you can't change the direction of the wind, but by adjusting your sails, you will always reach your destination...
Could be your words of wisdom, for today.
Thanks Anonymous.
I think we all need a pep-talk once in a while to get-back the little bit of hope that helps us survive.
So thank you.
Leave a name next time, huh?
:)
feels gud to be updated bout ur life...n sumthin new fer da eyes to read is alwayz a pleasure...keep stickin arnd hun...i like da fact dat u get to spend time wid ur mum fer mornin walks n stuff like dat..so are u datin anthony right now? if u already made it apparent in the post n i missed dat den forgiv me but i wud like to confirm newaz...lotta distractions bet readin a post u see...
No, we're not dating. We're just really close :)
And thanks for the comment, appreciate that you still keep in touch with my random rants :P
Hey, need help to modify my settings on Blog and I can't remember how we did it before.
I'll email you :P
Anonymous prefers to stay anonymous....Life is more exciting with a little bit of mystery.
Have a good day Sarah!
Agreed, we all do need a little mystery to make life interesting. But names are important otherwise who do you really know you're appreciating?
What's the point of it all. It's like shooting bugs in the dark.
Do I know who you are?
Not technically.
But we've met before. You could say we're aquainted.
Well I'm looking forward to more of your insightful posts. Take care.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home