Interesting Weekend Story: Part 1
So I hate weekends. I've always hated weekends. Yes you get off the heck week and just a couple of days to have fun doing EVERY human thing possible to not be bored. And then Saturday comes round and you're busy bitching bout the hectic horrible insane week you have ahead of you, and then you can't wait for the weekend again. and it comes round and you feel like shit, cause you don't get to do all the things you thought you could do in 2 days flat.
Something a colleague told us at a House party last weekend:-
"Something about working @ IQPC. You come into work and they SUCK you dry and then when you're at the weekend, when you think they've sucked all the energy you have, they manage to suck some more out. And when you get up late on a weekend, you feel like crap cause you've literally wasted half you're day!!!!...I didn't feel like this when I was in London. I mean, it would rain and we'd work 16-18 hours, but it was fun. I wasn't Completely exhausted. Here in Dubai, if you go to sleep by 12:00am, it's still 'not enough'. Sigh..."
And comments like that could go on forever.
Somehow, this weekend was very...interesting.
Day 1: 8th February 2008, Thursday
It all started of with me hurrying to finish the final stuff for the week, begging Amit (Colleague) to wait a couple of minutes to leave. We (Anthony, Amit and I ) FINALLY left the building, and were stuck in traffic for an hour. But we were only in Bur-Dubai. We reached behind Spinneys and Amit had to withdraw some cash and do some errands, so I went into Spinneys while Anthony waited in the car for the two of us to arrive. Amit had gotten back by the time I came out to grab some change, and requested me to buy him a pack of cigarettes. See, I wouldn't have minded that bit cause I do that too sometimes. You know, the last minute requests... :S
Anyhoo, so I went in there with the change from my first purchase. THEN I had to make the second purchase, a pack of cigarettes. They asked for ID.
I ran BACK to the car, and showed them my Drivers License and THEN they had to CHECK the ID again , to make sure it was real... by counting the year on the license. Are they really that dumb?
Anyways, Anthony's mum was coming down the following day and he had to go with his sister to get the Visit Visa. So Amit dropped Anthony home and Amit dropped me near home cause he was going towards Gusais.
Sigh, Anthony, Trish, Andre & I decided we'd go for a movie that night. Sweeney Todd.
If you haven't watched it already, Go NOW! It was honestly refreshing to watch a movie like that. And after years of wondering whether Hollywood would ever produce a good movie, it finally justisfied. The wait was worth it.
The 4 of us loved it so much, we wanted to go again.
Day 2: 9th February 2008, Friday
I did not want to wake up early. I didn't care whether I need to pee at that point, I just held on a bit longer cause I needed the sleep. I was disturbed by this annoying ringing sound. Trish answered the phone. Mum needed help with the bags cause Dad and her went shopping earlier on this morning. So in my dazed self, I went downstairs and couldn't find mum. So I came back upstairs then, again went downstairs with Trisha this time to help with the bags. Andre turned up a couple of seconds later. We helped to put everything away and were watching 'The Contender' on Dubai ONE. It was cool. The next series playing was 'Alias' . Totally awesome, until there was a loud commotion. Dad screamed, then stormed off. Mum was screaming, followed by Andre. Trish and I firmly planted out butts to the coach and watched 'Alia' until it had ended.
We got up and helped Mum and Andre look for the freakin hard-drive to get some of the software off the main PC cause Dad was prolly bringing his own a little later on. Yes, that's how petty things were. The boys were arguing about stuff being stored on a PC.
So we couldn't find it, and Andre and I decided we'd go to City Center to buy a new one. Mum suggested Al Ghurair, since it was closer. We went, we saw, we were disappointed.
City Center: We went, we hunted down, we bought and we raced like lighting back home.
Mum dropped me to church. I had to sing for the stations of the cross in Church. You couldn't say Mum dropped me to Church, considering I drove there...So I dropped myself to church :D
Stations of the Cross was fine. No complaints, maybe I was just sleepy which is why I felt distracted.
Anyways, we (Andre, Anthony and I) were supposed to go for Ampulance Gig @ Canadian University Dubai (CUD), BUT I didn't have the car to take me there. So trying to find a cab became the same old broken record of how women never get appreciated in a society where men are more dominant.
I'm not going to get into the gory details of what happened there instead firmly say that I believe in Karma.
I managed to walk to the Petrol Station near the Clock-Tower in about 45 minutes. This was a lazy walk cause I wasn't very happy, and I was fuming at how my Friday was going. I lied to GMM members saying I had to run a couple of errands with my mum cause it was Andre's birthday on the 10th. It's true, Andre's birthday is really on the 10th. However, the part where I was "running an errand", wasn't. Hence, Karma came and took a chuck off my ass.
Anyways, I got into the car and picked up Anthony from Bur-Dubai and went to CUD. Dropped Andre there cause I wasn't up for Ampulance. I felt like I'd had my better 'beating' for the day. But my day wasn't done with me. Anthony and I went driving down Jumeira, the same strip as Crown Plaza, Apple Bees and the rest of them and had Shisha, and a light dinner. That was cool.
We pickd up Andre and decided we'd go to Anthony's place to get some Office work done.
No matter what anyone says or does to make my life more easier at work, I will still manage to do SOMETHING over the weekend :D
Right, so on the way back to Bur-Dubai, we decided to drop Andre off @ Pizza hut since he was hungry and wanted to have Pizza and I randomly decided I wanted to go shopping. It would ease this tension I had hovering over my head.
We parked Opposite Pizza hut and walked down to Bur Juman. We stopped in at Virgin, met a friend - Kevin - there and bought a couple of CDs. We were deciding where to go to shop for clothes / accessories / shoes when I suggested NEXT. We got there, and I saw a couple of things I liked. So I called out to Anthony, and he was waiting for me while I tried on the clothes. The dresses were tight. Who was I kidding, I put on weight... massively and I felt horrible, but I can't complain much. It really was my fault.
Anyways, I came out and ran to the rack where they had the stuff I tried on in bigger sizes. I gave Anthony my Handbag and Green Jumper / Trench coat to hold. I tried the dresses on and LOVED it. The second one looked so good, I was ready to buy them. Quite pleased with myself, I came out of the dressing room and asked Anthony again if it was ok. He was definitely ok with what I wanted to get. So i asked him for my bag, I wanted to pay for it and well, I wanted to give Andre a shout out to find out where he was. Anthony didn't have it :-
Anthony: I thought you had it..
Sarah: No Anthony, I gave it to you in your hands..Did you put it down somewhere..??
Anthony: ..uhh...Yeah.. right here..
*Sarah hysterically looking all over and not being able to find it...*
Sarah: Did you see my bag here??
Lady Clerk: No, I didn't see it here...
*Sarah rushes over to the Men's section where the bag couldn't have possibly gone to unless it grew a pair of wings and flew there...*
Sarah: ...Umm excuse me did you see my brown handbag here...?!?!?!
Man-dude-clerk: Sorry Mam', I didn't see your bag here.
Sarah to Lady Clerk: I AM NOT PAYING FOR THOSE UNLESS I FIND MY BAG.
Anthony and I rush over to the Mall Information desk nearly 25-30 feet away from the Clothing Store to "find" a Security guard and are greeted by a Lady who stamps Tickets.....
Something a colleague told us at a House party last weekend:-
"Something about working @ IQPC. You come into work and they SUCK you dry and then when you're at the weekend, when you think they've sucked all the energy you have, they manage to suck some more out. And when you get up late on a weekend, you feel like crap cause you've literally wasted half you're day!!!!...I didn't feel like this when I was in London. I mean, it would rain and we'd work 16-18 hours, but it was fun. I wasn't Completely exhausted. Here in Dubai, if you go to sleep by 12:00am, it's still 'not enough'. Sigh..."
And comments like that could go on forever.
Somehow, this weekend was very...interesting.
Day 1: 8th February 2008, Thursday
It all started of with me hurrying to finish the final stuff for the week, begging Amit (Colleague) to wait a couple of minutes to leave. We (Anthony, Amit and I ) FINALLY left the building, and were stuck in traffic for an hour. But we were only in Bur-Dubai. We reached behind Spinneys and Amit had to withdraw some cash and do some errands, so I went into Spinneys while Anthony waited in the car for the two of us to arrive. Amit had gotten back by the time I came out to grab some change, and requested me to buy him a pack of cigarettes. See, I wouldn't have minded that bit cause I do that too sometimes. You know, the last minute requests... :S
Anyhoo, so I went in there with the change from my first purchase. THEN I had to make the second purchase, a pack of cigarettes. They asked for ID.
I ran BACK to the car, and showed them my Drivers License and THEN they had to CHECK the ID again , to make sure it was real... by counting the year on the license. Are they really that dumb?
Anyways, Anthony's mum was coming down the following day and he had to go with his sister to get the Visit Visa. So Amit dropped Anthony home and Amit dropped me near home cause he was going towards Gusais.
Sigh, Anthony, Trish, Andre & I decided we'd go for a movie that night. Sweeney Todd.
If you haven't watched it already, Go NOW! It was honestly refreshing to watch a movie like that. And after years of wondering whether Hollywood would ever produce a good movie, it finally justisfied. The wait was worth it.
The 4 of us loved it so much, we wanted to go again.
Day 2: 9th February 2008, Friday
I did not want to wake up early. I didn't care whether I need to pee at that point, I just held on a bit longer cause I needed the sleep. I was disturbed by this annoying ringing sound. Trish answered the phone. Mum needed help with the bags cause Dad and her went shopping earlier on this morning. So in my dazed self, I went downstairs and couldn't find mum. So I came back upstairs then, again went downstairs with Trisha this time to help with the bags. Andre turned up a couple of seconds later. We helped to put everything away and were watching 'The Contender' on Dubai ONE. It was cool. The next series playing was 'Alias' . Totally awesome, until there was a loud commotion. Dad screamed, then stormed off. Mum was screaming, followed by Andre. Trish and I firmly planted out butts to the coach and watched 'Alia' until it had ended.
We got up and helped Mum and Andre look for the freakin hard-drive to get some of the software off the main PC cause Dad was prolly bringing his own a little later on. Yes, that's how petty things were. The boys were arguing about stuff being stored on a PC.
So we couldn't find it, and Andre and I decided we'd go to City Center to buy a new one. Mum suggested Al Ghurair, since it was closer. We went, we saw, we were disappointed.
City Center: We went, we hunted down, we bought and we raced like lighting back home.
Mum dropped me to church. I had to sing for the stations of the cross in Church. You couldn't say Mum dropped me to Church, considering I drove there...So I dropped myself to church :D
Stations of the Cross was fine. No complaints, maybe I was just sleepy which is why I felt distracted.
Anyways, we (Andre, Anthony and I) were supposed to go for Ampulance Gig @ Canadian University Dubai (CUD), BUT I didn't have the car to take me there. So trying to find a cab became the same old broken record of how women never get appreciated in a society where men are more dominant.
I'm not going to get into the gory details of what happened there instead firmly say that I believe in Karma.
I managed to walk to the Petrol Station near the Clock-Tower in about 45 minutes. This was a lazy walk cause I wasn't very happy, and I was fuming at how my Friday was going. I lied to GMM members saying I had to run a couple of errands with my mum cause it was Andre's birthday on the 10th. It's true, Andre's birthday is really on the 10th. However, the part where I was "running an errand", wasn't. Hence, Karma came and took a chuck off my ass.
Anyways, I got into the car and picked up Anthony from Bur-Dubai and went to CUD. Dropped Andre there cause I wasn't up for Ampulance. I felt like I'd had my better 'beating' for the day. But my day wasn't done with me. Anthony and I went driving down Jumeira, the same strip as Crown Plaza, Apple Bees and the rest of them and had Shisha, and a light dinner. That was cool.
We pickd up Andre and decided we'd go to Anthony's place to get some Office work done.
No matter what anyone says or does to make my life more easier at work, I will still manage to do SOMETHING over the weekend :D
Right, so on the way back to Bur-Dubai, we decided to drop Andre off @ Pizza hut since he was hungry and wanted to have Pizza and I randomly decided I wanted to go shopping. It would ease this tension I had hovering over my head.
We parked Opposite Pizza hut and walked down to Bur Juman. We stopped in at Virgin, met a friend - Kevin - there and bought a couple of CDs. We were deciding where to go to shop for clothes / accessories / shoes when I suggested NEXT. We got there, and I saw a couple of things I liked. So I called out to Anthony, and he was waiting for me while I tried on the clothes. The dresses were tight. Who was I kidding, I put on weight... massively and I felt horrible, but I can't complain much. It really was my fault.
Anyways, I came out and ran to the rack where they had the stuff I tried on in bigger sizes. I gave Anthony my Handbag and Green Jumper / Trench coat to hold. I tried the dresses on and LOVED it. The second one looked so good, I was ready to buy them. Quite pleased with myself, I came out of the dressing room and asked Anthony again if it was ok. He was definitely ok with what I wanted to get. So i asked him for my bag, I wanted to pay for it and well, I wanted to give Andre a shout out to find out where he was. Anthony didn't have it :-
Anthony: I thought you had it..
Sarah: No Anthony, I gave it to you in your hands..Did you put it down somewhere..??
Anthony: ..uhh...Yeah.. right here..
*Sarah hysterically looking all over and not being able to find it...*
Sarah: Did you see my bag here??
Lady Clerk: No, I didn't see it here...
*Sarah rushes over to the Men's section where the bag couldn't have possibly gone to unless it grew a pair of wings and flew there...*
Sarah: ...Umm excuse me did you see my brown handbag here...?!?!?!
Man-dude-clerk: Sorry Mam', I didn't see your bag here.
Sarah to Lady Clerk: I AM NOT PAYING FOR THOSE UNLESS I FIND MY BAG.
Anthony and I rush over to the Mall Information desk nearly 25-30 feet away from the Clothing Store to "find" a Security guard and are greeted by a Lady who stamps Tickets.....


2 Comments:
kewl so did u find ur bag or do i ahv to wait to read part 2 fer it?
n did u finally buy the dress?
hellooo...did u find ur bag???
dats the thing im most panicky about....hhehehhe
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home